Thursday, July 30, 2009

Preparation for Shelby!

I am so excited about our new baby Shelby... we have unofficially decided on this as her name! I was busy putting her crate together today and let me tell you - it was not an easy task. I put the whole thing together and was so proud of myself. So I went to open the door and it wouldn't open! I had to take the whole thing apart and flip the side because it was upside down... stupid!! So, I put the crate back together and am once again so proud of myself. I look behind me and the pan is propped up against the coffee table! I didn't put the blasted pan in!! So, once again, I had to take the thing apart to put the pan in.. ugh! But I finally finished and it looks amazing.

I bought a white down comforter with shams and it all fills the crate perfectly. I want our scent to be on all of her bedding so she will not stress during her crate training. I posted some pics below - look how big her crate is! It comes up to my chest... Chan and I could sleep in it no problem! I have also been picking up some items - leash, collar, bowls, wash clothes, shampoo, toys, etc. - along the way so we don't have to get everything at once.










I am prepared for my baby girl and cannot wait for her to join our family on September 11th or 12th!! I have read sooo many articles and studies and feel very prepared, but I know I won't be fully prepared until she gets here. We know that she will be a huge part of our lives and we hope and pray that she is always healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment